Banner Tabs

Friday, June 9, 2017

Making time for Barbie


I have so many dolls that I can't count them all. I need to organize and get them out of storage and up where I can see them. Part of having a collection (for me) is making the time enjoy them. 

 I am starting with Barbie because I think I have more of them than any other (but don't quote me on this). Most of my of them are stored in plastic bins and a few are still new in the box.


I got this shelf awhile back and it's time that I use. I bought from Ikea. Unfortunenately, they only had it in black. I wasn't sure about the color but the shelves were the right height and I had to start somewhere. I like the open shelf over ones with glass doors. My dolls will be on display but not for display, meaning that they will be handled and played with and this type of shelf gives me easy access.



I tried out two different doll stands that I had. There is the ones made by Kaiser and the ones made by Mattel. I prefered the Kaiser stands because the dolls stood lower and were more secure from falling. But I chose the ones from Mattel because the black color blended in with the shelves. The Kaiser stands also come in black so I may purchase them at a later date.


It was also time to for a change of clothes. I've had these little summer dresses for a long time. I thought dressing them in summer outfits was a fun way to kick off summer. I keep the my doll clothes & accessories in little boxes (so I am somewhat organized).

I'm happy with how the display shelf turned out. I have shelves with five dolls across but technically I could probably squeeze in six. These are not all of my Barbie's of course, but a good start for displaying them.

10 comments:

  1. The dolls look so nice in your display! I don't have room to display all the Barbie dolls that I have either, but I think I've whittled them down to the point that I don't want to get rid of any more. I do have some that I haven't gotten around to selling off, but I'm still left with a lot of Barbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can relate. I have a "sell" & "keep" box but somehow dolls get switched back and forth. There are definitely more that I want to keep lol.

      Delete
  2. Nice display. I like how the dolls wear summer fashions ... nice way to tie them together visually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That was my intention because for example some of them came with simple bathing suits and others came with full gowns or casual outfits.

      Delete
  3. Hi I actually think the black shelves look nice. I have lots of Barbie's also. I'll never be able to get them all up on display at once, so I just alternate them. That way at some point I get to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like that idea of alternating, especially for the holidays when I want to dress them for the season.

      Delete
  4. Hi J-M-D. You have a really good start there. I'm sure your dolls will be a LOT happier to have their own little individual space now AND be able to show off their style! I too have a lot of Barbies which are spread all throughout the house. I do put some "to rest" and alternate them. In any case, I like how you're organizing everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a challenge. I like everything to have its own place but I don't know if I'll ever get them all up. But I do like the idea of alternating.

      Delete
  5. I think the new shelf looks fantastic! I have been trying to do the same with my "doll room". Right now I'm organizing Disney, and it feels good to go through everything and redress, clean up, etc the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does feel good to go through every. I actually came upon a few dolls and outfits that I haven't seen in a while. That is always exciting.

      Delete