Banner Tabs

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Thrift Store Find - Our Generation Battat



I found another doll at my local thrift store. She is an older Our Generation Battat doll. The price was $1.99. I thought if nothing else, she'd make a good model for clothes.


 
When I took her hair down, it was very frizzy.






 
I used a flat iron to smooth it down a bit.



She had a cute face but her lip color was a little bright for her.


 
 

I tried to get a more natural color by mixing some acrylic paints. I played around with the colors until I got a good shade. I painted it right over her existing lip color and later added a clear coat of varnish. I was happy with it in the end.




I think she looks much better.





2005 Our Generation Battat Doll

2005 Our Generation Battat Doll
Here she is all dressed. I think she will make a good model as well a great addition to my 18" doll collection.





W

2 comments:

  1. Love, love LOVE the transformation. And to think...she was only $2 !! I love how you restyled her. My first thought was the original lip color was wrong. So happy to see you addressed that problem as well. That is such a cute outfit you dressed her in as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had no idea how she'd turn out but I'm happy with the results.

      Delete