I found another doll at my local thrift store. She is an older Our Generation Battat doll. The price was $1.99. I thought if nothing else, she'd make a good model for clothes.
I used a flat iron to smooth it down a bit.
She had a cute face but her lip color was a little bright for her.
I tried to get a more natural color by mixing some acrylic paints. I played around with the colors until I got a good shade. I painted it right over her existing lip color and later added a clear coat of varnish. I was happy with it in the end.
I think she looks much better.
Here she is all dressed. I think she will make a good model as well a great addition to my 18" doll collection.